Note: If you link to other websites, please review the privacy policies posted at those sites.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, and purchase information. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request and then places you on our mailing list. We never sell your information to any other company or agency. Below, we describe more specifically how we collect your information and what we do with it.
1. Information You Give to Us
- Information that is necessary for the use of the website We ask for and collect personal information about you when you use our website, sign up for an account, and make purchases. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of any contract between you and Chem-Master and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. This information is also necessary for any contract you may have with Chem-Master and for Chem-Master legitimate business purposes.
- Information you choose to give us and communications with Chem-Master When you communicate with Chem-Master, submit information to Chem-Master for purchasing goods and services from Chem-Master, or open an account with Chem-Master, we collect information about your communication or submission and any information you choose to provide. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of any contract between you and Chem-Master and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. This information is also necessary for any contract you may have with Chem-Master and for Chem-Masters’ legitimate business purposes.
- Additional Information In addition to the information noted above, you may choose to provide us with additional personal information. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
2. Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Website
We automatically collect information, including personal information, about the goods and services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Chem-Master, to enable us to comply with legal obligations, and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the website.
- Cookie/Tracking Technology Chem-Master uses cookie and tracking technology. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the website, and understanding how visitors use the website. Cookies can also help customize the website for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
3. Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect. We do not control, supervise, or take responsibility for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services In addition, if you link or connect with a third-party service (e.g., Google or Facebook), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
4. Other Sources
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive credit check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts.
Use of Information
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Chem-Master website, communicate with you, facilitate a contract or purchase order with you, and comply with our legal obligations. Specifically, we use, store, and process information to:
- Enable you to access and use the Chem-Master website;
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Chem-Master website, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- Effectuate a contract or purchase order with you and provide customer service;
- Send you substantive content we believe is of interest to you, service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place; and
- Enforce our Website Terms and Conditions and other policies.
Sharing Your Information
1. Your Consent
Where you have provided consent, we may share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
2. Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of Our Rights
Chem-Master may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations; (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Chem-Master; (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any of our users or customers to legal liability; (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms and Conditions; or (v) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Chem-Master, its employees, and members of the public.
Where appropriate, we may notify you about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Chem-Master.
3. Service Providers
4. Business Transfers
5. Aggregated Data
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
1. Managing Your Information
Through your account you can manage certain settings, such as to subscribe or unsubscribe to content.
2. Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you.
3. Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
4. Data Retention and Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of a contract or purchase order with you and to maintain your account, for our legitimate business interests, or to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information you can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety;
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers; and
- Residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period.
5. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Chem-Master you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings or by sending a communication to Chem-Master specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing and pending the verification of whether the legitimate grounds of Chem-Master in processing the information override your interests.
6. Objection to Processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Chem-Master not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, Chem-Master will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing, or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time, ask Chem-Master to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes.
7. Lodging Complaints
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Chem-Master before applicable competent data protection authorities.
In some jurisdictions you may contact your European Data Protection Authority or Commission.
2. California & Vermont Residents
Chem-Master will not share information it collects about you with its affiliates or third parties (both financial and non-financial), except as required or permitted by your state’s law.
3. California Privacy Rights
California law permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. See the Privacy Contact Information section for where to send such requests. Chem-Master does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Chem-Master credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised, or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Chem-Master account, please contact us following the instructions in the Privacy Contact Information section below.
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.